Helping Victims of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crashes
In this article:
About 4,000 people are injured in Massachusetts motor vehicle accidents each year, and hundreds of others are killed. While most of us are accustomed to seeing accidents on the road or on the local news, being involved in a car accident can be traumatic. Even a relatively minor accident can trigger pain, anxiety, lost work time, property damage, and more. A serious automobile accident can disrupt your whole life.
Attorney Kevin Broderick has been helping car accident victims for more than two decades. He understands the difficulties an individual or family can face after a traffic accident. He also knows that trying to determine your next steps, manage insurance companies, and protect your rights while recovering from a serious injury can be overwhelming.
That’s why he devotes his legal practice to helping people who have been injured through someone else’s negligence.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Car Accident?
Massachusetts law protects people who have been injured and otherwise suffered damages because someone else was careless or didn’t obey the law. Every case is different, but some of the most common types of damages car accident victims recover include:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Projected costs of future medical care
- Compensation for property damage
- Compensation for lost wages
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Costs of rehabilitation or therapy
In serious accidents involving long-term or permanent injuries, damages may also include loss of quality of life, loss of earning capacity, and more.
Broderick Law Firm, LLC’s Recent Car Accident Claim Settlement Results
Kevin won $400,000 dollars for the wrongful death of the passenger of a motorcycle involved in a motor vehicle accident. Our firm obtained a $100,000.00 auto insurance policy limited and successfully pursued and collected an additional $300,000.00 in property assets.
In another case, when Mrs. T was an unrestrained passenger in a head on automobile accident, she suffered a concussion, 1.5 inch facial laceration, minor hearing loss and right knee bruising. Kevin rejected the initial offer of $18,000.00 and the matter was successfully arbitrated, resulting in an award of $165,000.
Should I Hire a Massachusetts Car Accident Attorney?
The sooner you contact an attorney after your injury, the better. Although Massachusetts law allows up to three years to file most personal injury lawsuits, it is generally in your best interest not to delay. Just a few of the reasons you may want to connect with a Massachusetts car accident lawyer right away include:
- Interacting with insurance companies on your own can be risky. While the insurance company representative may seem friendly and helpful on the telephone, his or her job is to minimize the amount of money the insurance company has to pay you. Too often, insurance companies use comforting words to lure car accident victims into serious mistakes.
- The sooner investigation begins, the better. The longer you wait to get your attorney working on your case, the harder it may be to gather evidence. Physical evidence may be lost or destroyed. Witnesses may become difficult or impossible to locate, or they may simply not remember the details of what they witnessed after a year or two or more has passed. An early start empowers your attorney to build the best case possible on your behalf.
- A local car accident lawyer has resources you may not. Investigation of a motor vehicle accident requires time, expertise, and often money. The right car accident attorney will combine knowledge and experience with the resources to invest when experts are needed.
- The sooner you start, the sooner you can reach a resolution. When you’ve suffered a serious injury, the combination of growing medical bills and lost income can leave you feeling helpless. Connecting with a Massachusetts car accident lawyer can be the first step toward regaining
How Do I Connect with an Experienced Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyer Today?
When you’re recovering from a traumatic injury, the last thing you need is the stress of dealing with insurance companies, trying to sort out how to get the compensation you deserve, and worrying about how your family will move forward. Broderick Law Firm, LLC is here to help. Call us right now at 978-459-3085 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.